Collection of Information:
Information You Provide to Us- We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you create an account, participate in any interactive features of the Services, subscribe to a newsletter or email list, participate in an event, survey, contest or promotion, make a purchase, communicate with us via third party social media sites, request customer support or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include your name, email address, password, postal address, phone number, gender, date of birth, occupation, employer information, photo, payment information (such as your credit or debit card and billing address), preference or interest data, and any other information you choose to provide. If you provide an email address to invite a friend to participate in the Services, we will collect that email address and use it to send your friend such an invitation.
Information We Collect Automatically- When you access or use our Services, we may automatically collect information about you, including: Log Information: We collect log information about your use of the Services, including your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, web request, access times, pages viewed, web browser, links clicked and the page you visited before navigating to the Services.
Mobile Device Information: We collect information about the mobile device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, mobile network information and information about your use of our mobile applications.
Information We Collect From Other Sources- We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Services. For example, if you create or log into your account through a third party social media site, we will have access to certain information from that site, such as your name, account information and friends lists, in accordance with the authorization procedures determined by such social media site; we may also collect information about you when you post content to our pages/feeds on third party social media sites.
Use of Information- We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
- Provide, maintain, improve and promote our products and services;
- Provide and deliver the information, products and services you request, process transactions and send you related information, including confirmations and receipts;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests, and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about products, services, surveys, offers, promotions, rewards and events offered by Company and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services;
- Personalize and improve the Services and provide advertisements, content or features that match user profiles or interests;
- Facilitate contests, sweepstakes and promotions, and process and deliver entries and rewards;
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
We are based in the United States and the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. By accessing or using the Services or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the U.S. and other countries.
- With vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work or perform services on our behalf;
- When you participate in the interactive areas of our Services, certain information you provide may be displayed to other users, such as your name, photo, comments and other information you choose to provide;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law, regulation or legal process;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of Company or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company; and with your consent or at your direction.
Social Sharing Features- The Services may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook “Like” button), which let you share actions you take on our Services with other media, and vice versa. Your use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
Security- Company takes reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
Your Choices- Account Information- You may review, correct or modify information maintained in your online account at any time by logging into your account and updating your profile information or by emailing us at [email protected] If you wish to delete or deactivate your account, please email us at [email protected]homemoneyhabits.com, but note that some information you provide through the Services may continue to be accessible (e.g., comments you submit through the Services) and that we may continue to store information about you as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about yo for a certain period of time.
Cookies- Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability or functionality of our Services
Promotional Communications- You may opt out of receiving promotional communications from us by following the instructions in those communications or by sending an email to [email protected] .If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
Push Notifications/Alerts- With your consent, we may send push notifications or alerts to your mobile device. You can deactivate these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your mobile device.
As a member of this site, you understand and agree to the following.
- Home Money Habits will never share or sell your personal information.
- Any email correspondence comes from me.
- Cookies may be used to remember visitor preferences when engaging on HMH, which third party advertising companies may use for retargeting purposes. This is easily turned off by changing your browser settings.
- General traffic information is used for statistics to improve site performance and customer engagement.
- Comments may be removed for any reason. HMH courtesy is modeled and expected here.
- I am not responsible for republished content from this blog on other blogs or websites without my permission.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
Strictly necessary cookies- These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of the e billing services.
Analytical/performance cookies- They allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users find what they are looking for easily.
Functionality cookies- These are used to recognize you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
Targeting cookies- These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them below.
First party (IT Governance Ltd) cookies- This website will set some cookies that are essential for the website to operate correctly. These cookies, none of which capture personally identifiable information, are as follows:
Visitor ID- this cookie is a numeric value that identifies unique visitors and provides coherence and consistency to a site visit;
Page Number- this cookie identifies the page you are on;
Session ID- this cookie identifies your website session;
Test- this cookie checks whether or not your browser supports cookies;
Order- this cookie ensures that your shopping basket works correctly
Third- party cookies
Our websites will set several types of third party cookie, and we do not control the operation of any of them. The third party cookies which may be set include:
Google Analytics- we use Google Analytics to collect data about website usage. This data does not include personally identifiable information. https://policies.google.com/privacy
Facebook Pixels- we use Facebook Pixels to retarget website users for Facebook ads. This means that if you browse our website, you’re more likely to see our Facebook ads. https://www.facebook.com/policy.php
Mailerlite- we use Mailerlite to collect names and email addresses when offering upgraded content in blog posts. This gives us the opportunity to continue to send out content to those people who signed up. This is always a double opt in option. https://www.mailerlite.com/privacy-policy/
Askimet- we use Askimet to block spam comments. It’s a plug in that blocks suspicious comments (including suspicious IP addresses) so that we don’t have to spend huge chunks of time deleting spam comments. https://akismet.com/tos/
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
Contact Us- If you have any questions about these policies, please contact us at [email protected]